How to set up your emailightenhosting.com email account on an android phone with Microsoft outlook app. The following was done on Android 12 May 2023. You experience may vary slightly.
- Get Outlook and open it.
- Tap your face or the round icon in the top left corner.
- Tap the cog in the bottom left corner to open settings
- Under email accounts, press the + to add an account
- Press "add an email account"
- (you might need to press skip to get to the next page)
- enter your email address and press continue
- Choose IMAP
- Now you need to enter the details. Please be careful as it's easy to make a mistake
IMAP incoming Email server section
Display name: (you can use your email address if you like, or your First and Last name)
- this appears as the sender of your messages
Description: ("Enlighten Hosting" if you like)
IMAP incoming email server: mail.enlightenhosting.com
Security Type: ssl/tls
IMAP username: (your full email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org)
IMAP Password: (your password)
SMTP outgoing Email server section
SMTP hostname: mail.enlightenhosting.com
SMTP port: 25
Security Type: StartTls
SMTP Username: (your full email address such as email@example.com)
SMTP Password: (your password)
- click continue (or the arrow) and your account will be added.
If something goes wrong, you can delete the account in the outlook settings and add it again if needed - don't worry, you emails are safe.
If you're unable to add the account you can test connectivity by opening a browser on your mobile and going to https://mail.enlightenhosting.com You can log in there and see your email via "webmail".
Once the account is added, you can select it by tapping your face (or the round icon) and then choosing the account.